Tuesday 15 September 2009

Beginning

Because we were typical British binge drinkers I’d reacted fairly casually when Jess said she would really fancy ‘a good Moroccan.’ I’d immediately thought of red wine, as I know the North African country produces some excellent wines, despite its religious leanings.

It is only now that I realise how this apparently innocent conversation was the beginning of so much violence and agony; I now await the inevitable knock on the door from police and Foreign Office officials.

We were just an ordinary couple who perhaps enjoyed too much the intoxicating blood of grapes; and you could almost taste the sand of the desert wilderness, like mysterious sediment in every large glass.




(CHOOSE NEWER POST AFTER COMMENTS TO FOLLOW THE STORY)

11 comments:

Leah C. Dancel said...

If there is anything I love about Brits, it's their wry humour.

A Good Moroccan said...

Helps us cope with the miserable weather !

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice pic with nice story. Enjoyed reading it. :)

A Good Moroccan said...

Thank you.

Traveller said...

I take it you're living in Morocco, wow! I like your photos,beautiful! btw, thanks for the comment on my blog. Would you like to do a good turn and sign my petition urging the Canadian government to include animal rights in the constitution?
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/put-animal-rights-into-the-constitution
thanks

A Good Moroccan said...

I'll sign the petition !

Unknown said...

Paul,I like your description the blood of the grape and that desert sounds great. Love the picture through the circle.

A Good Moroccan said...

Great to hear from you, lynne.

Boho Glamour said...

thanks for your lovely comments! :) wonderful blog!

cara mia ♥

A Good Moroccan said...

It's kind of you to respond !

Paulo Rosa said...

Curioso vim bisbilhotar a sua pagina, very brits.
Um abraço